Please be safe!!
Wear your mask!!
Please click here for an important video
Kids First Pediatrics has been using Telemedicine to accommodate our patients during the Coronavirus outbreak. This service is available from 9-5. You will be able video chat with one of our providers. This cannot be used for well visits, but may be appropriate for other routine visits. Please call 815-609-5437 to set up a Telemedicine visit today.
Please fill out the Telemedicine Consent Form and send it to us using our secure form.
Our hours may change during the outbreak. We will send daily texts as well as update our Facebook and Twitter accounts.
The Providers, along with the American Academy of Pediatrics recommend that healthy children still receive their routine well visits, even with the COVID-19 outbreak. We have procedures in place to minimize contact between patients and triage protocols for children who are sick.
Please remember your that school physicals are required for all students entering kindergarten, 6th, and 9th grades. Sports physicals are needed annually for students participating in school sponsored sports. Your middle and high school student may also need to update their vaccines.
May 4, 2020
Please click here for an important video
March 23, 2020
Over the ensuing weeks we will be scheduling most well visits in the mornings and most sick visits in the afternoon. Since we are aware some sick children cannot wait until the afternoon for an appointment, we have designated several exam rooms for sick visits only. We also recognize that based on personal schedules, some well visits will need to occur in the afternoon. Thus, we have designated some rooms as "Well Only" rooms to accommodate those patients with visits in the afternoon.
March 20, 2020
Please click here for the most up to date information about the coronavirus and how Kids First Pediatrics is working to accommodate our patients.
A helpful handout can be found by clicking here .
As information about the Coronavirus (COVID-19) becomes available, we at Kids First Pediatrics are taking steps to keep you, your children, and our employees safe and healthy.
The symptoms of COVID-19 are similar to a lot of childhood illnesses. These symptoms include:
- Shortness of breath
- Body aches
- Sore Throat
While most symptoms are mild, we are still taking precautions.
Steps you can take to prevent Coronavirus spread can be found here.
Effective March 17th, we are implementing the following procedures:
- All well visits will be moved to the morning hours and sick visits in the afternoon. We are calling all patients with appointments to reschedule their appointment. If you cannot come during the morning hours, we will keep a list of your original appointment time and try to reschedule it later in the spring when the risk is lower.
- If you or your child becomes sick prior to their well visit, please call the office to reschedule
- We are requesting that only the patient and their healthy parent/guardian come to the appointment. We are trying to keep exposure and people coming into the office to a minimum.
- Please do not come in unscheduled to the office. If you need to pick up or drop something off, please call the office so we can make arrangements.
- We ask that parents who are sick not accompany their child to their appointment. Please notify our office if someone other than a parent or guardian needs to accompany your child to their appointment. This is only for sick visits. A parent or legal guardian must accompany your child to their well visit.
- If you are feeling sick and have traveled to one of the above areas, please call the office for instructions. Please do not come into the office at this time.
- We will do our best to put patients in a room upon their arrival to limit exposure of others. If we cannot do this, we recommend that you avoid sitting next to patients in the waiting room.
- Front staff and nurses will be asking about any travel outside of the country in the last 14 days. Current "high risk" areas are Italy, Japan, South Korea, China and Hong Kong. This applies to children, the parents, or any close contacts
- All books have been removed from the waiting room
- The stickers are still available upon check-out, however, we have removed the trays from the desk. Please ask our front staff for a sticker and they will be happy to give your child one.
- We have (and always have) been taking steps to sanitize the exam room and waiting room.
There are currently no tests available for COVID-19. If you think you may have been exposed, you would need to contact your local health department, or call the Illinois Coronavirus Hotline: 1-800-889-3931.
Remember your children have been hearing about the Coronavirus and may have questions. There is a good article on how to talk to your children here.
We realize that there may be extended wait times for phone calls and check in. We thank you for your patience as we navigate this situation.
Welcome to Our Practice
Kids First Pediatrics offers comprehensive medical care for infants, children, adolescents and young adults. Located in the Plainfield Edward Hospital Medical Center, our staff works hard to make every visit to our office positive.
We believe exceptional care is obtained when there is an on–going relationship between the pediatrician, the patient and their family. We want to be lifelong partners in your child's health.
When you choose Kids First Pediatrics, you can feel confident that you are teaming with knowledgeable, compassionate providers who have dedicated their careers to exceptional, patient–focused health care.
OUR GOAL IS TO PARTNER WITH YOU.
Our five pediatric providers have different styles and personalities, but we each share a common philosophy of medicine. We follow the guidelines set by the American Academy of Pediatrics. Our goal is to partner with you in the care of your child. We strive to take the time required to explain different options you have in the care of your child and to help guide you through the different stages of your child’s life.
WE FUNCTION AS A TEAM.
We see patients from birth through 18 years of age. We function as a team and care for one another’s patients, including visiting and examining newborns in the hospital. For Well Child visits, appointments can be made up to 3 months in advance. While you may choose to follow with one provider, we recommend at least one visit with each provider so they may get to know your child. For Sick Child visits, our priority is to see sick children as soon as possible, and you may see one of the other physicians if your regular physician is not available. When calling to schedule your appointment, please know that we schedule our time with you based on your needs. If you have multiple questions or concerns to discuss with the doctor at a well visit, or you have a complicated sick issue, please let us know so we can schedule additional time to best serve you.
OUR NURSES AND STAFF MEMBERS ARE HERE TO SUPPORT AND ASSIST YOU.
Our office time is separated into “well visit” and “sick visit” times to minimize the chance of healthy children getting sick. After the sick visits have finished, the waiting room is wiped down with disinfectant wipes.
During weekday office hours, our triage nurses' primary responsibility is to answer your medical questions. The nurses can often help you decide whether or not an appointment is necessary, what your treatment options are and what symptoms to look for. Please never feel embarrassed to ask us a question, no matter how trivial it may seem. Our nurses and staff members are here to support and assist you.
We hope you find this website useful. Please contact us at (815) 609-KIDS (5437) during business hours with any additional questions you may have.
AFTER-HOURS URGENT QUESTIONS
We answer many common questions about childhood illnesses and conditions and have a lot of fantastic information on this website (including a dosage chart for common childhood medications):
If this information does not answer your questions, the providers at Kids First Pediatrics take turns being available for you after hours and on the weekends to answer urgent questions.
If you aren't sure what to do, we want you to know that we are available to you to help guide you. Please know these are times when we are getting home, caring for our own families and preparing for the next work day. If it's a true emergency, please call 911! If your question is urgent and requires a call back please call 815-609-5437 for information on how to page the provider. If your question is something that doesn't need an immediate answer please call back during normal business hours.
If you are wanting to schedule an appointment or have a question that can wait until the next office day, please call in the morning, and we will take care of you!
Please note that we do not refill medications after hours. If you need a medication refill, please have the pharmacy notify us and we will address it the next business day.